? ??????????????Valley Light? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.1 (77 Ratings)??12 Grabs Today. 12251 Total Grabs. ???
???Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Dolphin Sunset? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (127 Ratings)??11 Grabs Today. 8646 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Island? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day One.....Check!

Well its the end of day 1 of my new "lifestyle" change and I am happy to say that all has gone well! Despite a looooong day at work that seemed like it would never end (and I ended up being stuck there an hour and 10 mins after I was supposed to leave) and a pounding headache that I suspect was my body telling me it was mad that I had put very few carbs in it today (and my body is used to plenty of carbs). Surprisingly, just one day into my low carb diet, I didn't get that drained feeling I usually get by the middle of the day and when I finally got home from work I didn't feel wiped out, which is a great thing! That means it will get even better as the days go on.

I will tell you that I miss carbs a little bit and these first few days on this journey are not the easiest. Especially when I look up on top of the fridge and see the two boxes of Jr Mints my husband gave me for Christmas in my stocking and I'd love to rip into a box of them, however I did not. Instead I snacked on a few cukecumber slices and grape tomatos with ranch dip.

Since I really don't have much else to talk about, I'll give a quick rundown of my meals for the day, which I will tell you, I am very strict with myself my first week eating this way. For me, I have to see progress early on or I get frustrated and will not want to stick with it, and the best way for me to achieve that is to be pretty strict.

here's what I ate today:
Breakfast:
2 fried eggs with 3 sausage links
16 oz Water
------------------------
2 carbs

20 oz H20 by mid morning

Mid Morning :
1 Strawberry Atkins Shake on ice (11 oz)
---------------------------
1 carb

Lunch:
6 slices Salami
5 slices cooked ham
2 tbsp. Whipped cream cheese
16 oz H20
----------------------------------
2 carbs

Snack
3 strips cukecumber
5 grape tomatos
ranch dip
24 oz H20
-----------------------------
1 carb

Dinner:
Philly steak meat with onions
2 slices American Cheese
diet soda
---------------------------------
4 carbs

Grand Total: 10 carbs for the day

I guess thats about all for tonight, I'm about to turn in and hit the hay. Here's hoping Day 2 goes as well as Day 1 has!

0 comments: